Pages

Sunday, May 8, 2011

Mother's day...Happy birthday to you!^^

When does motherhood end? Where does it stop? Does it have an expiration date? And how will I know when it ends? Sigh...
I've been having this issue on motherhood for the past few weeks now, and I must confess that for some reason it had created an awkward gap between me and my mom. There were times when we got on each other's nerves that we couldn't help but fight with each at the end of the day. I won't go on the small details, though. I'm sure most, if not all, mothers and daughters (and even sons, of course) have had their fair share of misunderstands at times, which makes my situation still looks normal.
Misunderstanding. That's what my mom and I had been experiencing - a big misunderstanding. This only ended when one day I realized that I need not wait for her to understand me first. We live in a give-and-take world. I thought perhaps I need to act first. Give first. Then that's the time when you receive what you gave. Understanding my mom is never easy for a selfish person like me. But she's my mom. I know she's not perfect. But hey, I am not perfect either. So who am I to demand too much from her, right? At the end of the day, love rules. I love her despite her imperfection, and to me she's still the best mom ever. Love you Ma! Get well soon pls so that you can cook dinner for us again..hahaha

No comments:

Post a Comment